General Entrance Requirements
The minimum requirements for Year-1 entry of the SSSDP programmes are as follows:
- Form 6 graduates with Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, Level 2 or above in Mathematics (Compulsory Part)1, Liberal Studies and one Category A elective subject2 in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE).
1. Minimum entry requirement for Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Actuarial Studies and Insurance is Level 3 in Mathematics (Compulsory Part).
2. Mathematics Extended Part Module 1 / Module 2 is not counted as an elective subject.
Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) Students
Students fulfilling the following specified circumstances are regarded as Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students:
- The student has learned Chinese Language for less than six years while receiving primary and secondary education; OR
- The student has learned Chinese Language for six years or more in schools, but has been taught an adapted and simpler Chinese Language curriculum not normally applicable to the majority of students in local schools.
HSUHK accepts the alternative qualifications below as equivalent to HKDSE Chinese Language:
- HKDSE Applied Learning Chinese (a minimum of “Attained”)
- GCSE Chinese (a minimum of Grade C / Grade 4)
- IGCSE Chinese (a minimum of Grade C / Grade 4)
- GCE A-Level Chinese (a minimum of Grade E)
Admission Score (2022 Intake)
Please click here to obtain the admission score of programmes under Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors (SSSDP) for 2022 entry.