Scholarships and Financial Assistance
The University offers the following scholarships (in form of tuition fee reduction) to local and non-local applicants enrolling into our Taught Postgraduate Programmes:
|Scholarship / Scheme||Selection Criteria||Eligibility||Value|
|Half-tuition Fee Scholarship||On the basis of academic merit||Local and non-local applicants||50% of tuition fee|
|Alumni Fee Reduction Scheme||Applicable to HSSC / HSMC / HSUHK Alumni||Local and non-local applicants||10% of tuition fee|
Individual departments / programmes may also provide scholarships to taught postgraduate applicants. Please refer to the programme websites for further details.
Financial Assistance for Local Students
Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)
Local students could apply for Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme. The maximum loan amount will be capped at the tuition fee level. Interested students may enquire at 2150 6223 or visit the website of Student Finance Office for application forms and guidance notes.
Continuing Education Fund (CEF)
The University offers a number of CEF Approved Course. Please read the CEF website carefully for reimbursable courses, application, reimbursement procedures or call the 24-hour hotline 3142-2277 for more information.
Persons who meet the following criteria can apply for the CEF:
- Hong Kong residents who have the right of abode or the right to land or to remain in Hong Kong without restriction, or holders of a one-way permit from Mainland China;
- Aged between 18 and 70 (i.e. before reaching the age of 71) both at the time when the CEF reimbursable course commences and at the time when the application for fee reimbursement is submitted, which should be within one year upon the successful completion of the CEF reimbursable course. Late applications will not be accepted;
- Have enrolled in and
paid the tuition fee*for the CEF reimbursable course;
- Have submitted a consent form for disclosure of personal data to the Specified Public Authorities for the purposes of fee reimbursement before the commencement of the CEF reimbursable course; and
- Have not obtained any other public funds or assistance under any other publicly-funded financial assistance schemes for the same course.
*According to the guidelines given by the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF), CEF Course Providers cannot offer any gifts, discount, rebates or any other concession or financial inducements of whatsoever form to participants of CEF courses. Students who wish to claim reimbursement for the CEF course(s) enrolled in are unable to enjoy fee reduction awarded through the Half-tuition Fee Scholarship and Alumni Fee Reduction Scheme for the particular course(s).
- With effect from 1 April 2019, applicants who apply for the CEF for the first time are only required to complete Application Form [SFO 313 (2020)], which is a combined application form for both account opening and fee reimbursement. This combined form is also applicable to applicants who have opened a CEF account before 1 April 2019 to apply for fee reimbursement only.
- The completed application form together with the letter of certification issued by the programme after successful completion of the reimbursable course and a copy of supporting documents should be submitted to the OCEF WITHIN ONE YEAR upon successful completion of the reimbursable course. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Successful completion means you have passed the reimbursable course, attained the overall mark as prescribed for the course and have attended no less than 70% of the contactable hours of the course.
For details about CEF, please contact the OCEF.
Office of the Continuing Education Fund
Address: Units 07-11, 25/F, CDW Building, 388 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong
24-hour Hotline: 3142-2277