The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) is a non-profit, self-financing, liberal-arts-oriented private university in Hong Kong, offering a wide range of undergraduate and taught postgraduate degree programmes. HSUHK, formerly known as Hang Seng Management College and Hang Seng School of Commerce, is a degree-granting institution since 2010. It officially became a private university with the approval from Hong Kong SAR Government in October 2018.
As a self-financed institution, the University finds strength in its autonomy, flexibility and responsiveness to meet community and market needs by developing new innovative programmes, many of which are the first of its kind in Hong Kong.
In programme design, there is a good balance of major studies, common core curriculum and free electives; whereas ample development opportunities/activities form an integral part of students’ holistic educational experience. These opportunities/activities include valuable residential, internship, service, leadership, global exchange and independent research experiences, etc. Students actively engage themselves in different learning opportunities so that they would know themselves better, broaden their global horizons, engage in continuous learning, boost their self-confidence, and realise their potential. The aim is to nurture young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, caring attitude, moral values and social responsibilities.
HSUHK currently offers the following four-year full-time undergraduate programmes:
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Art and Design (BA-AD)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Cultural and Creative Industries (BA-CCI)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Chinese (BA-CHI)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Convergent Media and Communication Technology (BA-CMCT)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English (BA-ENG)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology (BA-PSY)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Corporate Governance and Compliance (BBA-CGC)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Economics (BBA-ECON)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Finance and Banking (BBA-FB)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Financial Analysis (BBA-FA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in General Business (BBA-GB)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Global Business Management (BBA-GBM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Human Resource Management (BBA-HRM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Management (BBA-MGT)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Marketing (BBA-MKT)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Professional Accountancy (BBA-PA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Supply Chain Management (BBA-SCM) (with stream of either Air Transport or Business Logistics in Year 3 and 4)
- Bachelor of Journalism and Communication (Honours) (BJC) (with concentration in either Business Journalism or Corporate Communication in Year 3 and 4)
- Bachelor of Management Science and Information Management (Honours) (BMSIM)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Actuarial Studies and Insurance (BSC-AIN)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Computing (BSC-AC)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Data Science and Business Intelligence (BSC-DSBI)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Asian Studies (BSS-AS)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Philosophy, Politics and Economics(BSS-PPE)
- Bachelor of Translation with Business (Honours) (BTB)
Please click here for details.
English while a few modules related to General Education / Chinese Language may be taught in Cantonese.
Yes. All programmes currently offered by HSUHK have been validated by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ). They are currently registered at Qualification Register (QR). Referring to the below Qualification Framework established by the Education Bureau, the qualifications of our undergraduate programmes and taught postgraduate programmes are equivalent to Level 5 and Level 6 respectively:
Level 1: Certificate
Level 2: Certificate
Level 3: Diploma / Pre-Associate Degree
Level 4: High Diploma / Associate Degree
Level 5: Bachelor Degree
Level 6: Master Degree / Advanced Certificate / Advanced Diploma
Level 7: Doctorate Degree
Yes. HSUHK has been in collaboration with overseas institutions and those in mainland China for student exchange programmes and short-term study visit programmes with the view of broadening our students’ horizons and nurturing their global perspectives. You are encouraged to visit the webpage of student exchange programme for details.
Yes. Both local and international internship opportunities are available for our students to work at different corporations. Students not only put their knowledge into practice and earn actual working experience, but also enhance other skills such as interpersonal skill, communication skill, etc., from the internship programme. It is deemed as solid foundation for their future career. Students’ internship performance will be assessed by both the hosting corporation and the module lecturer. Details can be found from Career Planning and Development division of Student Affairs Office.
Students who do not require a student visa to study in Hong Kong, e.g. holder of the following:
- Permanent HKID Card
- Documents issued by the Hong Kong Immigration Department showing right to land / right of abode in Hong Kong
- One-way Permit for entry to Hong Kong
- Full-time employment visa / work permit
- Dependant visa (students who were below 18 years old when they were issued with such visa / entry permit by the Director of Immigration)
- Visa / Entry permit for Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
- Visa / Entry permit for Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
- Visa / Entry permit for Admission Scheme for the Second Generation of Chinese Hong Kong Permanent Residents
- Visa label for unconditional stay
Students who hold the following visa / permit issued by the Director of Immigration are defined as Non-local students:
- Student visa / Entry permit
- Visa under the Immigration Arrangement for Non-Local Graduates
- Dependant visa / entry permit (students who were 18 years old or above when they were issued with such visa / entry permit by the Director of Immigration)
Please click here for the fee schedule.
No. There are two installments a year. Students will be given a debit note for the required payment in due course and need to settle on or before the due date.
Yes. In order to provide incentives for students to pursue academic excellence, HSUHK offers various scholarships to eligible students. There are three categories of scholarships, including Entrance Scholarships, Achievement Scholarships and Exchange Scholarships.
Entrance Scholarships will be awarded to new entrants who have achieved good academic results. Please click here for details.
Yes. You can seek financial assistance from the Student Finance Office under Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency if you are a Hong Kong citizen. You can choose to apply for a means-test “Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students” (FASP) or the “Non-means-tested Loan Scheme” via HSUHK.
In addition, the HKSAR government provides a non-means-tested annual subsidy in the academic year 2022/23 amounting to HK$33,200 for eligible local students pursuing self-financing undergraduate studies in Hong Kong. The amount of the subsidy for AY2023/24 will be announced by the EDB in due course.
For non-local applicants who need a student visa to study in Hong Kong, you must fund your own study and living expenses in Hong Kong.
Yes. HSUHK students are eligible to apply for on-campus accommodation on a competitive basis. There are 1,200 spaces currently available at Residential Colleges for students.
Application / Interview arrangement
The application period for undergraduate programmes offered in the 2023/24 academic year is from 19 November 2022 to 31 August 2023 (local student) / 19 November 2022 to 11 June 2023 (non-local student). Early application is highly encouraged as the programme(s) may stop receiving applications under different situations, e.g., when the programme quota has been filled up.
You can submit your application through HSUHK Undergraduate Application System.
You are allowed to submit one application with no capped number of programme choices. All selected programme choices will be processed. Suitable applicants will be granted ONE conditional offer / firm offer only, based on the priority of programme choices.
The following documents need to be submitted together with the application:
- A copy of your Hong Kong ID card / travel document; and
- A copy of academic transcript(s), certificate(s) and public examination results
Applicants will be informed via email of downloading the debit note after submitting the online application. You can settle the payment via one of the payment methods listed on the debit note before the due date.
You may find details here. Some programmes will also require written tests prior to the interviews. Eligible applicants will be notified of the written test / admission interview arrangements via email and SMS. Therefore, please ensure that your contact number and email address are correct and updated. You are advised to inform us of any updates in writing as soon as possible.
If you are not able to attend the written test / admission interview, please decline the invitation and indicate your reason in the HSUHK Undergraduate Application System for consideration. Alternative arrangement will be made if possible.
Arrangement after the release of final examination
Applicants who have been given conditional offers AND the final examination results meet the admission requirements listed on the conditional offer letter are required to claim your offer and provide the required documents on or before the stipulated due date (which has been stated on your conditional offer letter). Please refer to the conditional offer letter for the instructions of claiming the offer. You are also required to pay the non-refundable and non-transferable enrolment deposit of HK$5,000 (Local Applicant) / HK$30,000 (Non-local Applicant) before the stipulated date and time as a means of offer acceptance.
Please be well aware that the conditional offer will lapse if applicants fail to claim the conditional offer and settle the enrolment deposit by the stipulated deadline.
Applicants who have not been given conditional offer AND the final examination results meet our minimum admission requirements are advised to provide us with the result slip by uploading the slip to the HSUHK Undergraduate Application System for our consideration.
For applicants who have submitted applications but are awaiting assessment AND the final examination results meet our minimum admission requirements, please provide us with the result slip by uploading the slip to the HSUHK Undergraduate Application System for our consideration.
Under normal circumstance, no refund of enrolment deposit will be accepted.