As a self-financed institution, the University finds strength in its autonomy, flexibility and responsiveness to meet community and market needs by developing new innovative programmes, many of which are the first of its kind in Hong Kong.
In programme design, there is a good balance of major studies, common core curriculum and free electives; whereas ample development opportunities/activities form an integral part of students’ holistic educational experience. These opportunities/activities include valuable residential, internship, service, leadership, global exchange and independent research experiences, etc. Students actively engage themselves in different learning opportunities so that they would know themselves better, broaden their global horizons, engage in continuous learning, boost their self-confidence, and realise their potential. The aim is to nurture young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, caring attitude, moral values and social responsibilities.
HSUHK currently offers the following four-year full-time undergraduate programmes:
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Art and Design (BA-AD)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Cultural and Creative Industries (BA-CCI)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Chinese (BA-CHI)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Convergent Media and Communication Technology (BA-CMCT)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English (BA-ENG)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology (BA-PSY)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Corporate Governance and Compliance (BBA-CGC)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Economics (BBA-ECON)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Finance and Banking (BBA-FB)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Financial Analysis and FinTech (BBA-FAFT)*
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in General Business (BBA-GB)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Global Business Management (BBA-GBM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Human Resource Management (BBA-HRM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Management (BBA-MGT)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Marketing (BBA-MKT)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Professional Accountancy (BBA-PA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Supply Chain Management (BBA-SCM) (with stream of either Business Logistics or Air Transport in Year 3 and 4)
- Bachelor of Journalism and Communication (Honours) (BJC) (with concentration in either Business Journalism or Corporate Communication in Year 3 and 4)
- Bachelor of Management Science and Information Management (Honours) (BMSIM)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Actuarial Studies and Insurance (BSc-AIN)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Computing (BSc-AC)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Data Science and Business Intelligence (BSc-DSBI)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Asian Studies (BSocSc-AS)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (BSocSc-PPE)
- Bachelor of Translation with Business (Honours) (BTB)
Please click here for details.
*Formerly known as Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Financial Analysis.
English while a few modules related to General Education / Chinese Language may be taught in Cantonese.
Yes. All programmes currently offered by HSUHK have been validated by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ). They are currently registered at Qualification Register (QR). Referring to the below Qualification Framework established by the Education Bureau, the qualifications of our undergraduate programmes and taught postgraduate programmes are equivalent to Level 5 and Level 6 respectively:
Level 1: Certificate
Level 2: Certificate
Level 3: Diploma / Pre-Associate Degree
Level 4: Higher Diploma / Associate Degree
Level 5: Bachelor Degree
Level 6: Master Degree / Advanced Certificate / Advanced Diploma
Level 7: Doctorate Degree
Students who do not require a student visa to study in Hong Kong, e.g. holder of the following:
- Permanent HKID Card
- Documents issued by the Hong Kong Immigration Department showing right to land / right of abode in Hong Kong
- One-way Permit for entry to Hong Kong
- Full-time employment visa / work permit
- Dependant visa (students who were below 18 years old when they were issued with such visa / entry permit by the Director of Immigration)
- Visa / Entry permit for Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
- Visa / Entry permit for Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
- Visa / Entry permit for Admission Scheme for the Second Generation of Chinese Hong Kong Permanent Residents
- Visa label for unconditional stay
Students who hold the following visa / permit issued by the Director of Immigration are defined as Non-local students:
- Student visa / Entry permit
- Visa under the Immigration Arrangement for Non-Local Graduates
- Dependant visa / entry permit (students who were 18 years old or above when they were issued with such visa / entry permit by the Director of Immigration)
Please click here for the fee schedule.
No. There are two installments a year. Students will be given a debit note for the required payment in due course and need to settle on or before the due date.
If you are a local applicant, you can seek financial assistance from the Student Finance Office under Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency if you are a Hong Kong citizen. You can choose to apply for a means-test “Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students” (FASP) or the “Non-means-tested Loan Scheme” via HSUHK.
In addition, the HKSAR government provides a non-means-tested annual subsidy in the academic year 2023/24 amounting to HK$33,740 for eligible local students pursuing self-financing undergraduate studies in Hong Kong.
For non-local applicants who need a student visa to study in Hong Kong, you must fund your own study and living expenses in Hong Kong.
Yes, HSUHK has been in collaboration with overseas institutions and those in mainland China for student exchange programmes and short-term study visit programmes with the view of broadening our students’ horizons and nurturing their global perspectives. You are encouraged to visit the webpage of student exchange programme for details. HSUHK dedicates to collaborate with overseas institutions to provide students with various overseas learning opportunities.
On-campus or off-campus accommodation will be guaranteed for Year 1 non-local students in their first year of study at HSUHK. Feel free to visit the Residential Colleges’ website for more details of the accommodation facilities. Year 1 non-local students need not apply for accommodation for their first year of study at HSUHK since the Student Affairs Office will be provided of the list of Year 1 non-local admittees for accommodation arrangement.
Yes. Since academic year 2008-2009, eligible non-local students i.e. those undertaking locally-accredited full-time degree programmes at undergraduate level or above, and the period of study not less than one academic year can take up part-time on-campus employment of not more than 20 hours per week. Employment during the summer vacation is also allowed without any constraint. Please visit the homepage of the Hong Kong Immigration Department for more details.
Career Planning and Development division of Student Affairs Office regularly updates students with the part-time on-campus employment information. Students are encouraged to visit their webpage for the latest job information.
Since 2008, non-local undergraduates can apply via the Hong Kong Immigration Department for staying in Hong Kong for job search. Please approach the Hong Kong Immigration Department for further information and application procedure.
Application / Interview Arrangement
For local student, the application period is from 19 November 2022 to 31 August 2023 (self-financing programmes) / now to 5pm, 4 September 2023 (SSSDP programmes). Please click here for the classification of self-financing programmes and SSSDP programmes.
For non-local student, the application period is from 19 November 2022 to 11 June 2023.
Early application with pending examination results at the current stage is highly encouraged as the programme(s) may stop receiving applications under different situations, e.g. the programme quota has been filled up.
You can submit your application through HSUHK Undergraduate Application System.
You are allowed to submit one application with no capped number of programme choices. All selected programme choices will be processed. Suitable applicants will be granted ONE conditional offer / firm offer only, according to the priority of programme choices.
The following documents need to be submitted together with the application in the HSUHK Undergraduate Application System:
- Passport-size photo (for non-local applicants only)
- Copy of travel document / identity certificate (e.g. Passport)
- Copy of high school reports
- Copy of international examination result slip
- Copy of other academic qualification certificates
- Copy of English language proficiency proof
Applicants will be informed via email of downloading the debit note after submitting the online application. You can settle the payment via one of the payment methods listed on the debit note before the due date.
Written test / admission interview will be conducted from time to time for applicants who have completed the application procedures. Eligible applicants will be notified of written test / admission interview arrangements including the date, time and venue in due course via email and SMS. Please note that applicants attending written test / admission interview on different dates in the year will be considered on the same footing for admission.
The interview format varies among programmes. Normally group / individual interviews are conducted. In view of the COVID-19 pandemic in Hong Kong, HSUHK will invite shortlisted applicants via email and HSUHK Undergraduate Application System to conduct the online written test/interview.
Yes. Applicants must attend and pass the written test and / or interview for admission to the programmes if they are required to do so.
Eligible applicants will be notified of written test and / or interview arrangements via email and SMS. The interview format varies among programmes, normally conducted in group or individual.
If you are not able to attend the written test / admission interview, please decline the invitation and indicate your reason in the HSUHK Undergraduate Application System for consideration. Alternative arrangement may be made for you if possible.
Eligible non-local applicants may be given conditional offer. Interview and/or written test performance and all documents submitted by the applicant will be taken into consideration before issuing conditional offer.
Arrangement after the release of public examination
Applicants who have been given conditional offers AND whose public examination results meet the admission requirements listed on the conditional offer letter are required to claim your offer and provide the required documents on or before the stipulated due date (which has been stated on your conditional offer letter). Please refer to the conditional offer letter for the instructions of claiming the offer. You are also required to pay the non-refundable and non-transferable enrolment deposit of HK$5,000 (Local Applicant) / HK$30,000 (Non-local Applicant) before the stipulated date and time as a means of offer acceptance.
Please be well aware that the conditional offer will lapse if applicants fail to claim the conditional offer and settle the enrolment deposit by the stipulated deadline.
Applicants who have not been given conditional offer AND whose public examination results meet our minimum admission requirements are advised to provide us with the result slip by uploading the slip to the HSUHK Undergraduate Application System for our consideration.
For applicants who have submitted applications but are awaiting written test / interview AND the public examination results meet our minimum admission requirements, please provide us with the result slip by uploading the slip to the HSUHK Undergraduate Application System for our consideration.