Notes for Applicants
Please refer to Programme Information for the application deadline for respective programmes.
Applicants are required to provide true, accurate and complete information in support of their applications. The University reserves the right to disqualify application at any time if the information provided is found unauthentic or misleading.
- Read carefully the “Notes for Applicants”.
- Choose “Apply Now”.
- Complete the application form and press the “Submit” button. You will see an acknowledgement receipt if the submission is completed. Please keep your Application Number for future reference.
- Arrangement for the supporting documents listed in Section 3 to upload to the Postgraduate Admission System by the application deadline.
All applicants who apply for admission should upload softcopies at Postgraduate Admission System by the deadline. If the application is unsuccessful, all records will be destroyed.
Documents required include:
- Copies of certificates of academic / professional qualifications (e.g. university certificate of graduation, examination certificates and other qualifications).
- Copy of transcripts (with a complete record of courses attended and examination results) and grading scheme of all tertiary level studies.
- Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities by distance learning or by completing a curriculum of short duration may be required to provide assessment report from the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained.
- (Applicable to Mainland applicants) Copy of 教育部学历证书电子注册备案表 / 国(境)外学历学位认证书
- Any one of the following score reports / certificates, showing that you have fulfilled the English proficiency requirement*:
- A minimum of 550 (paper-based); 79 (internet-based) in TOEFL / TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition@ ; or
- A minimum of 6.0 in IELTS / IELTS Online / IELTS Indicator@ ; or
- A minimum of 430 in College English Test-Band 6 (CET-6) or “Pass” if the test was taken before June 2005 ; or
- Equivalent of the above
@ TOEFL and IELTS results are considered valid two years from the test date.
Individual programmes may stipulate a higher English proficiency requirement. Please refer to individual programme’s information / website for details.
* Except Master of Arts in Chinese (MA-CHI) programme
Starting from the September 2024 intake, the following test results will not be considered as meeting the English language requirements:
- A photocopy of your HKID card or other identity document as given in the Application Form.
- Any other specific materials required by the relevant programme as listed in the Postgraduate Prospectus.
- The University may require applicants to submit additional information or documentary proof if deemed necessary.
The application fee for admission to one postgraduate programme/ one stream is HK$400. The application fee, once paid, is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Programme will begin the selection process upon receipt of the applications and supporting documents. Individual programmes may require applicants to take an entrance test or attend interviews. Applicants will be notified separately.
The information collected from the application form will be used for the following purposes:
- As a basis for selection of applicants for admission in academic year 2023/24 and/or academic year 2024/25 to postgraduate programmes offered by the University and other related purposes;
- For verifying information about the applicant’s public examination results and academic record in relevant institutions in Hong Kong and elsewhere;
- For identifying records of previous studies as a student in the University or other institutions;
- As part of the applicant’s student record upon registration for a programme, which will be used for all purposes relating to his / her studies in accordance with the procedures of the University;
- For identifying multiple enrolments at this University or at any other tertiary institution upon registration for a programme
- If necessary, may be transferred to other units within the University to facilitate admission verifications communication, operations and planning; and
- For statistical and research purposes and in such circumstances, personal identifiers will be removed.
The University reserves the right to cancel any programmes. In this case, the enrolment deposit paid by applicants will be refunded.
Please refer to the Postgraduate Prospectus for the contact information. Those who have submitted applications should always quote the Application No. and programme applied.