- Chinese Language and English Language: Level 3; and
- Mathematics (Compulsory Part)1, Liberal Studies and one Category A elective subject2: Level 2
- Minimum entry requirement for Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Actuarial Studies and Insurance is Level 3 in Mathematics (Compulsory Part).
- Mathematics Extended Part Module 1 / Module 2 is not counted as an elective subject.
Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) Students
Students fulfilling the following specified circumstances are regarded as Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students:
- The student has learned Chinese Language for less than six years while receiving primary and secondary education; OR
- The student has learned Chinese Language for six years or more in schools, but has been taught an adapted and simpler Chinese Language curriculum not normally applicable to the majority of students in local schools.
HSUHK accepts the alternative qualifications below as equivalent to HKDSE Chinese Language:
- HKDSE Applied Learning Chinese (a minimum of “Attained”)
- GCSE Chinese (a minimum of Grade C / Grade 4)
- IGCSE Chinese (a minimum of Grade C / Grade 4)
- GCE A-Level Chinese (a minimum of Grade E)
Aged 23 or above by September of the year of admission with a minimum of 2 years’ working experience in their chosen field of study, or the ability to pursue their chosen field of study.
- Applicants should fulfill the above minimum entry requirements and pass in any assessment (e.g. written test, interview) as required by the programme.
- Applicants who satisfy the minimum entry requirements are not guaranteed to be selected for assessment / to be admitted since the number of applicants, applicants’ academic performances, and approved admission quotas, etc. vary each year.