Admission Policy of
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in
Data Science and Business Intelligence (JSSH04)
The BSC-DSBI Programme is the first in Hong Kong to integrate “Data Science” and “Business Intelligence” with a comprehensive business education to answer the market needs in one innovative degree programme.
Data Science: A collection of analytical skills and techniques derived from mathematics, statistics and computer science for extracting information from data.
Business Intelligence: The analysis, integration and presentation of information for making business decision.
Please click here for programme details.
- Written test is not required.
- Interview will be arranged on a case-by-case basis.
- Interview will be conducted during the period from June to July every year. Selective applicants will be notified of the details via email.
- To be eligible for consideration for admission, JUPAS applicants must first fulfill the following programme’s minimum entrance requirements:
- Chinese Language and English Language: Level 3
- Mathematics (Compulsory Part), Liberal Studies and one elective subject*: Level 2
- Once the programme’s minimum entrance requirements are fulfilled, BSC-DSBI Programme adopts a Best Five Subject policy with Mathematics (Compulsory Part) inclusive for selection purposes. Admission score is calculated based on the total score of the best five subjects# (Mathematics (Compulsory Part) inclusive).
*The extended modules in Mathematics (M1/M2) is not counted as an elective subject.
#Best five subjects include core subjects, Category A electives and M1/M2.
For applicants with the same admission scores, consideration will be made on a basis of other available information including band choices, interview performance, OEA, SPN, etc.