School Recommended Direct Admission Scheme
for Talented Students
School Recommended Direct Admission Scheme for Talented Students (The Scheme) aims at giving due recognition to students who have demonstrated remarkable talents / distinguished achievements in academic and/or non-academic areas, significant contribution to community, or strong leadership for direct admission. Students with distinguished academic and/or non-academic achievements will be considered for direct admission regardless of their HKDSE examination results.
The updates for the Scheme are as follows:
|Principal Recommended Admission Scheme (Old)
|School Recommended Direct Admission Scheme for Talented Students (New)
|Number of Nominees
|5 nominees, one of them can be recommended for direct admission
|2 nominees to be recommended for direct admission
|Number of programmes joining the Scheme per nominee
|All applied NMTSS programmes
|Only 1 applied NMTSS programme,
chosen by the nominee
|Outcome of Recommendations
|Mainly conditional offers,
few nominees can be given firm offers
|Mainly firm offers,
unsuccessful applicants may be given conditional offers
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to be considered under the Scheme:
- Local Student* / residents with right of abode in Hong Kong; and
- Applicant of HSUHK NMTSS programmes; and
- School applicants attending the public examination e.g. HKDSE, IB, GCE A-level, etc; and
- Outstanding academic achievements; and/or
- Distinguished achievements in non-academic areas, e.g. sports, music, arts, etc.; or
- Outstanding leadership qualities, e.g. Head Prefects, Presidents of Students’ Unions; or
- Participation in community services
Submission of Application
- All recommendations should be submitted via SCHOOL no later than 1 March 2024 (Friday). Late submission / amendment will not be considered. School applicants who wish to be nominated under the Scheme should approach their school principals or career masters for recommendation.
- Required documents for submission include:
– Completed School Application Form signed by the principal; and
– Student Personal Profile and ALL copies of certification/awards for each nominee
- Each secondary school can nominate 2 students at maximum.
- Schools please send the whole set of submission documents to the Registry of HSUHK by email (email@example.com) or by mail:
Attn: Registry (Admission Team),
1/F, Lo Hui Kit San Building (N Building),
Yuen Campus, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong,
Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, Hong Kong
Re: “School Recommended Direct Admission Scheme for Talented Students”
- If the school would like to recommend students for admission to programmes under Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP), i.e. BBA-SCM, BSc-AIN, BSc-AC, BSc-DSBI, BMSIM and BA-AD, please follow the School Principal’s Nominations (SPN) in the JUPAS.
- Student nominees must first submit application via the HSUHK Undergraduate Application System or Electronic Advance Application System for Post-secondary Programmes (E-APP) and complete all the application procedures (including uploading the HKID Card / valid travel document, school report(s) for the recent two academic years to UAS and settling the application fees) before joining the Scheme.